Site downtime can mean losing user trust and revenue, so it’s important to make sure you know when your website is up or down. Uptime Monitoring is a quick and easy way to check whether your site is available to users.
This article explains how Uptime Monitoring works and how to enable it on your account.
How Uptime Monitoring Works¶
- Testomato automatically monitors your web projects every 15 or 30 seconds (depending on your subscription plan) to check they’re online and how quickly they’re responding.
- Projects on your All Projects dashboard will now display a green, red, or orange circle icon, which indicates whether your homepage is up, down, or timing out.
- Individual project dashboards will display the same circle icon along with more detailed information, including your website status and HTTP codes.
- If a project is down for more than 30 seconds, you’ll receive an email notification.
- Your Reports includes a new chart for uptime percentage and a history of all project response time checks.
In addition to tracking your site uptime, Testomato is also able to track your project’s response time.
This means that we’re able to show how much time it took a page to load. In your daily response time charts, each point represents a two-minute interval, whose value is calculated as the median amount it took to load.
Uptime Monitoring & Response Time is automatically enabled for our:
- Professional Plan
- Business Plan
- Enterprise Plan
- during a 30-day free trial period - for newly registered users